As I look back on 2016, I am in awe by all that we have accomplished together. The good work you make possible never ceases to amaze me. Let’s take pause to celebrate the many wins for local open space that you made possible in 2016:
- Gilroy: Citizen-led Measure H, urban growth boundary initiative, passed by voters.
- San Mateo County: Preserved scenic views by opposing new electronic billboards.
- Morgan Hill: 771 acres of farmland were protected.
- Menlo Park: Wildlife protected by drone ban at Bedwell Bayfront Park.
- San Jose: Riparian corridor policy and ordinance passed.
- San Mateo County: Board of Supervisors approved new protections for significant and heritage trees.
- City of Santa Clara: Development reduced in size to provide for a 35-acre city park.
- East Palo Alto: Strong language for parks and conservation was added to general plan.
- And that’s just the beginning of what you made possible…
While 2017 brings many new challenges and unknowns, these wins give me a great deal of hope. And even more than that, you give me hope. Thank you for being #PeopleWeLove and making all of these victories possible.
P.S.: If you haven’t already, make a year-end gift to Committee for Green Foothills today so we can continue our work in 2017. Better yet, become a monthly donor.