Thank you for your interest in Green Foothills!
Green Foothills envisions a resilient region where wildlife thrive, everyone has natural beauty to enjoy, and communities live in balance with nature. The people who work at Green Foothills are deeply passionate about this vision and our mission of protecting open space, farmland, and natural resources in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties for the benefit of all through advocacy, education, and grassroots action.
Our core values – Expertise, Persistence, Integrity, and Camaraderie – embody our culture and help us make decisions. Take a look at Our Team, Who We Are, and Our Publications to get a feel for our impact and organizational culture.
Green Foothills Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
We encourage People of Color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ individuals to apply.
A Note to Candidates: Studies have shown that women, nonbinary folks, and People of Color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization and we are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a background less traditional to our field of work, and that’s okay. We would strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of the qualifications described
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary range for the region and industry
- Green Foothills covers full premium for basic medical, dental, and vision coverage for employee
- Flex Spending Accounts and a 401(k) plan with partial employer match
- Competitive paid vacation and sick leave package
- Other benefits: Flexible schedules, work can be done mostly from home and on the field (post-COVID), work-from-home partial reimbursement provided
Contract Grants Manager
Working with the Development Director and Executive Director, the Contract Grants Manager will be responsible for the project management of the grant application process including drafting of grant proposals/reports and coordinating input from Green Foothills staff. Green Foothills currently has eight active grants annually in support of our advocacy program and leadership academy program. We envision attracting an additional five to ten grants in support of the organization’s programmatic and organizational development work but need the support of an experienced grant manager to make this possible.
Job Type: Contract
- Develop and maintain a proposal and reporting calendar, keeping all necessary staff informed of their roles.
- Manage the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required application materials. Using existing program language, draft quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents.
- Set up reporting and proposal tasks through a project management tool (Asana) and assign to staff as needed.
- Draft quality grant reports, coordinating necessary data from program staff.
- Work with contract CFO and Accounting Manager to compile financials and data for both proposals and reports.
- Maintain all records of applications and reports on the Green Foothills server.
- Passionate about the mission of Green Foothills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write successful grant proposals and reports.
- Clear, precise and compelling writing and communication skills.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand the needs of both the agency in need of funding and the organization that is offering the grant money.
- Acquire technology skills with ease, proficient working with cloud computing, PC computers, Microsoft Office, and Google platforms. Familiarity with Asana a plus.
To Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter below. Position open until filled, applicants before November 5, 2021 given priority.